Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Dear Parents,
           It was a pleasure talking to you tonight at our Open House.  I hope you enjoyed looking at our student-authored books.  I am so proud of the children's interest in learning Spanish.
I was able to speak to some of you about our plans for a Parents As Authors Tea in the spring. I would like parents to write a book in any language to share with other parents, students, and staff.  It can be similar to your child's book.  We will display the books and parents and students will have the opportunity to present their work  if they wish to do so.  My vision for this activity is a fun evening of parents and their children sharing their books with the St. John's Day School Family. I will send you some ideas in the next few months about this activity.  The books may be in any language, in fact, I am hoping that bilingual parents will produce a bilingual book to share! 
Thank you for participating in our Open House.  I really enjoyed talking to parents and I loved  seeing  children's reactions to discovering their book on display for all to read!   As the credit card commercial notes, "Priceless."
                                                     Srta. Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment