Thursday, December 19, 2013

Dear Parents,
              There is no homework during the Christmas vacation.  I did distribute a list of new vocabulary I thought might come in handy during the vacation. Grades 4-6 received the lists.
It contains words associated with a birthday party.  We are celebrating the birth of Jesus! 
I explained that many Spanish-speaking students break open a pinata to celebrate Christmas.  I wish we would have had time to do so! 
                   K-4 and 5 sang their Christmas songs using a bell- una campana, a star- una estrellita, and a tree - un arbolito to sing their song: Uno, dos, tres arbolitos... Words were posted last week.  They can teach the song to you!  They do best with "arbolitos."  I am not sure why.  I'm thinking that is where they will find their presents from Santa and want to get those words right.

 Grade 1 is doing a great job with responding to questions in Spanish.  I am very proud of them.  I can conduct part of the class entirely in Spanish with them. 

Grade 2 finished telling time in Spanish.  Many students can tell any hour on a traditional clock.  Almost all of the students can tell time to the quarter hour.  I am very  happy with their progress.  The level of involvement by the students is incredible.  They are so eager to learn Spanish.

Grade 3 can tell any time indicated on a traditional clock.  My third graders are also very eager to learn new concepts and vocabulary.  You might want to ask them to tell you the time in Spanish. 

Grade 4 and 5 received the list of new vocabulary.  We will continue working with that list when we return to school.

Grade 6 brought a picture of what they feel would be the best gift to receive or to give.  They each wrote a sentence in Spanish explaining their choice.  They were all excellent choices. Please ask your child to share their choice with you. I kept the pictures, but they will remember what they chose and why.

I would like to wish all of my students and their families a very Merry Christmas!  Feliz Navidad.
           Thank you for your cooperation and support.
                                                                Atentamente,
                                                                       Miss Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment