Monday, December 30, 2013

Dear Parents and Grandparents,
                 I would like to share with you an activity we will be completing in Spanish when school resumes.  I thought you might like to do the activity at home.  I would be very interested in seeing the results as I think a book with parents' work and students' work might be a great project.  The prompts in English are listed below.  Respond to each question.  After you complete all of the questions, Fill in your answers to make a beautiful poem about yourself.  Pleae email me your poem when it is finished if you would like to be included in a book ( just for St. John's parents and students). This activity is OPTIONAL. It is not a homework assigment for students or parents!  If your children want to complete it in English, we can translate it in school, but I would rather just do the activity in Spanish with them.

1. What is an every day item in your home?
2. What are two products or other every day items in your house?
3. What is a description of your home? (adjective)
4. What is a detail about your home? (a smell, taste, or texture).
5. What is a plant, flower, or natural item near your home?
6. What is one of your family traditions?
7. Who are two of your family members?
8. What is one of your family habits?
9. What is something you were told as a child? (advice)
10. What is the place of your birth?
11. What are two of your favorite family foods?
12. What are two of your family's momentos?
13. What is the the location of your family momentos?
14. What are three adjectives that describe your life?

Fill in the blanks below to make your poem.
1. I am from _______________and ____________.
2. I am from ________________ and ____________.
3. I am from _______________and ______________.
4. _____________________.
5. I am from ____________________.
6. I am from _____________________________.
7. I am from ____________________and _____________________.
8. I am from _____________________________.
9. I am from _____________________________.
10. I am from ____________________________.
11. I am from ____________________and _____________________.
12. I am from _______________________and __________________.
13. ________________________________.
14. I am from a life that is ______________, __________________, and ______________.

My email is: linda.delascuevas@sjdslaurel.com

You may also send your poem to school with your child. 
Thank you!  Have a Happy New Year!  






  

No comments:

Post a Comment